Pre-Roll ads are the most common form of video advertisement. A Pre-Roll ad is a promotional video message that plays before the content the user has selected. The video advertisements are often repurposed television ads, sometimes shortened to 10 or 15 seconds because the 30-second standard for ads on television is not suitable for videos, which are themselves frequently only a few minutes long. Running an ad before the user’s desired content means the audience is likely still engaged, interested, and willing to sit through a brief ad to get to the content they want to see. Since they’re waiting for something specific, there’s a higher chance they’ll watch your ad for at least a few seconds, if not in its entirety.
File size: max 10 MB
File format: 640x360 or 640x480
Please make sure to deliver all information and creatives needed, 5 days prior to start of the campaign. Please send the following information to this e-mail address: bcn.campaigning(at)burda.com.
- Advertiser name
- Campaign name
- Booking period
- Booked pages or placement
- Ad formats
- Contact person
Please send 3rd party redirects in a separate file as an attachment. All ad material provided has to be SSL-encrypted. Third-party tracking and view time measurements are allowed but must be SSL-encrypted. We allow tracking pixel and click counters but no JS pixel.
- All formats must be SSL-encrypted
- We do not support expandable ad formats
- Auto play is not accepted in any case. There has to be a user interaction for example a mouse-over click to play the sound off the video.
- Please be aware that we don't accept ads with a close button
- BCN uses a frequency capping for every campaign.
- All MEW ads can be delivered in double resolution to improve the representation on retina displays. Example: A Medium rectangle ad 600x500px will be shown in 300x250 (don’t forget to pay attention to the file size!)
- File formats: mp4, (H.264 baseline), bitrate 750 KB/sec.
- File size: max. 10 MB
- Acceptable Tags: VAST 2.0 or VPAID 2.0
- Max. length of spot: max. 30 sec
- Pre-Rolls are non-skippable